Community Engagement Design Lab
- Do you feel disconnected from your local community and are looking for new ways to engage?
- Do you need support or resources to help you think through how you can effectively bring kingdom-shaped change in your community?
- Do you have existing community programs that have lost their connection to the church community and to the biblical story?
Join us for a “Community Engagement Design Lab for Churches”. This program uses asset-based community development principles to help churches get beyond the walls of their church, reconnect with their communities and help facilitate change in their communities that aligns with God’s purposes for the world.
The program is run by John Beckett and Seed. John leads the Association’s Public Engagement Group. Seed’s specially developed curriculum is taught by experienced practitioners and brings together the best thinking from the fields of community development, theology, design, social enterprise and social change.
By the end of this training you will be able to:
- Use a clear framework for community engagement to explore missional opportunities
- More clearly define your community, its needs and your place in it
- Draft an initial strategy outlining possible priorities/approaches to community engagement in your context
We work with you over a period of 2 months to help you effectively engage with your community. The program includes 4 days of face-to face training – 2 days at the start; 1 day in the middle; 1 day at the end of the program + guided Community Engagement in-between the sessions.
|Days 1 & 2|
Understanding the purpose of Community Engagement
Understanding and listening to your Community
|Day 3||Designing a Community Engagement approach|
|Day 4||Developing a Community Engagement Strategy|
Register your interest by emailing Kelly Crawford at email@example.com.
Covers up to 2 participants from each church and includes:
– All resources
– All lunches; morning & afternoon teas for the 4 training days
Transport and accommodation are the responsibility of the participants. Extra participants from a participating church are welcome – charged at $200/person (four people max).
Subsidies are available to help cover the cost.
For more information, email Kelly Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that there are 10 spaces maximum for churches in this program. Registration does not guarantee a position.