3.1 Benefits of Strategic Planning
Strategic planning is vital to the process of new initiatives. Strategic planning:
- Clearly defines the mission of the new evangelistic initiative (church plant)
- Clearly articulates the vision of the plant.
- Sets out the purpose of the new church and establishes realistic goals and objectives consistent with the mission in a defined time frame
- Communicates the goals and objectives to interested parties such as the Baptist Association Gen1K Church Planting process, partnering churches, prayer support teams etc.
- Develops a sense of ownership of the plan by the core team.
- Ensures the most effective use is made of the plant’s resources by focusing the resources on the key priorities.
- Provides a base from which progress can be measured and establishes a mechanism for change when needed.
- Builds strong teams around a common vision.
We’ve designed this next section to help you draft your strategic plan for your church plant. By answering the questions and supplying the required information under each heading you will achieve a thorough, well researched, prayerful and inspired plan. However please...
Strategic planning sets the direction of the new initiative. In the diagram above (can Kim please make something nice here!), the strategy is the road that takes the church plant in the right direction, towards its vision. The strategy or path is guided by the purpose...